I believe my media product, although having a somewhat niche audience, would sell extremely well in the music magazine market. Although in the music industry, my chosen genre is niche, indie/indie rock music has a wide audience, as well as many artists within the genre having dedicated cult followings.
With this in mind, I would expect my magazine to be published either independently by those founding the magazine, or by a media institution which works in publishing a wide range of magazines aimed at more specific audiences. For example, the UK based "IPC Media" would be an ideal carrier for my magazine. IPC Media groups the magazines it publishes under 3 categories reaching out to different audiences. IPC Media is the institution which manages NME Magazine. I researched this magazine during the research process at the beginning of my project.
Above I have included a printscreen image of a range of magazines which are carried by IPC Media. I believe that this range indicates that my music magazine Phonic would fit ideally within this company. Many of these magazines are created with a very specific audience in mind - yet which have a large following of buyers.

No comments:
Post a Comment