Monday, 14 October 2013

Introduction to Main Task & Action Plan

Main Task

The main task for the course is to create the front page, contents and double page spread of a new music magazine. It will include original text and photographs, all of which will be produced by myself.

Action Plan

Week 1:
I will begin by posting my initial ideas for the music magazine. This will be done by completing research and analysis on two front covers of music magazines within my chosen genre/sub-genre already on the market. I will post institution research along with an analysis of two music magazine covers from my chosen sub-genre.

Week 2:
I will continue to research into magazines on my chosen sub-genre of music, by researching and analysing contents pages and double page spreads from two different magazines. I will then go on to develop a pitch, along with further research into my sub-genre.

Week 3:
I will develop and complete my pitch and complete any other research into my chosen sub-genre.

Week 4:
After developing my pitch, I will present it to a group of people fitting the target audience of my magazine, and document their feedback. In response to the audience's feedback, I will complete mock-ups of magazine pages.I will plan for the production of my magazine by producing a "style sheet" reflecting the brand identity and house style of my music magazine. After this, I will plan and organise models, locations and props which I will need in order for the photoshoot process. I will record the processes as I go.

Week 5:
I will spend this week developing my front cover. I will experiment with layout, colour, font, language and a range of photos.

Week 6:
I will develop my front cover further, and continue to experiment with all the elements. After receiving feedback on my cover's progress, I will make some adjustments.

Week 7:
I will design and develop my contents page. I will experiment with layout, colour, font, language and photos. I will record audience feedback and in response to this, I will make some adjustments to the magazine's design.

Week 8 & 9:
I will design and develop my double page spread. I will do some experimentation with layout, colour, font, language and photos. After receiving audience feedback, I will make appropriate adjustments.

Week 10, 11 & 12:
I will finalize the design of the front cover, contents page and double page spread. I will begin to draft an evaluation of my magazine. I will write up my evaluation and make adjustments to it.

Week 13 & 14:
I will complete my evaluation and make a final blog check before posting the evaluation.



No comments:

Post a Comment