Image Selections
Jamie and Georgia
I have chosen these images of Jamie and Georgia to feature in my contents page. I think these images show a clear sense of chemistry, as well as natural poses. The image on the right is effective as I plan on featuring a story on Georgia, and in this image, the focus is on her. The image on the left is in fact an out-take, yet I think it represents the natural friendship between the two models well.
Joshua
These are the photos of Joshua which I have chosen to include within my contents page. I have chosen these primarily for the textures included in the background, as they enhance the model. The first image; with the blue wall, brings out Joshua's face, as the blue wall and sweatshirt seem to frame his face. In the second image, the brick wall seems to blend with the colours in Joshua's hair and skin. This accentuates the contrasting dark colours of the guitar.
Editing the images: Jamie and Georgia
I began by using the 'Quick Selection' tool to select the subject matter. I then softened the edge of the image.
I then selected the inverse, which effectively selects the background of the image more precisely. I then went into Filter > Blur > Lens Blur.
From here, I increased the radius of the blur to slightly blur the background. This brings out the models, emphasising them.
Finally, I applied the "Greyscale" filter to the image. This gives the image a stereotypical indie-rock appearance, and is much like the image inspirations which I took from photos of indie bands such as Franz Ferdinand.
I increased the brightness and contrast of the eye area. This contrast draws the readers attention to Georgia's face.
I have put this image in greyscale for continuity purposes, this emphasises Georgia further as her eye make-up seems to contrast her face dramatically.
Editing the images: Joshua
When editing this photograph, I went to Adjustments > Black & White. I think keeping many of my contents page images in greyscale enhances my simple colour scheme.
With this image, I firstly went to Adjustments > Hue/Saturation, and lowered the saturation of the image. This makes the image fit better with my colour scheme. I then used the "Red Eye" tool to get rid of the red eye from the flash.














No comments:
Post a Comment