Front Cover
This is a basic idea of the layout I would like to create with my front cover. It abides by the conventions of the typical magazine cover, as well as is inspired by the magazines I looked at: NME and Q. Similarly to NME's front cover, my cover will be fairly minimalistic to draw attention to the central image. There will be a correlation of coverlines in the bottom half of the cover to give the page a sense of symmetrical balance.
Contents Page
Similarly to both of the contents pages I analysed, my flat plan's layout is block and compact with areas of information and images. The image:text ratio will be fairly even so that the page is not a) overwhelming due to mass amount of writing, or b) primarily image based and therefore lacking in information.
Double Page Spread
The focus of my double page spread will be the central image, which will spread over both pages. The article heading may be a quote from the article itself, or a summary of the content. I will be sure to include the conventional features of magazine articles, such as drop caps and pull quotes.



No comments:
Post a Comment