Friday, 8 November 2013

Planning for Production: Photoshoot Inspiration

Here are some images I would like to take inspiration from in my photoshoots:

I have selected the below images of acoustic indie singer/songwriter Jake Bugg as inspiration for my own photoshoot with Joshua. I like these photographs as they look natural, from the casual clothing choice to the poses. The street setting connotes an atmosphere which the artist is comfortable in. It suggests that this artist has come from a down-to-Earth background. The portrait of Jake Bugg is effective as he is leaning against the backdrop, this emphasises the fact that the shoot is natural. Looking away from the camera is effective in the way that it intrigues the reader.



I have chosen two images which in certain ways, I would like to recreate in my photoshoot both with Joshua and with Jamie and Georgia. As Jamie and Georgia are being photographed as a duo band, I will need the images to look as natural as possible - much like the below image of UK indie rock band Franz Ferdinand. As they are good friends, they already have a chemistry together and the outcome will be natural and believable. A dramatic sense of contrast is created in the image of Franz Ferdinand through the photo being shot in the dark, using flash.

I came across this image of model Cara Delevingne which I like due to the interesting background. I am able to photograph infront of a setting similar to this, which I think gives an interesting yet inexpensive texture to the background of images. The grey metal also fits with my genre of 'indie/indie rock' which often comes across as grungy in style. I am also keen to try using a brick background similar to the image of Franz Ferdinand as an alternative to the corrugated steel wall. 






No comments:

Post a Comment