Joshua:
For photographing Joshua, I have chosen a certain wall on the high-street of Ludlow. The wall is a cyan blue which will compliment my colour scheme. A man-made scenery goes hand in hand with the fact that indie/indie rock features electric guitars. I will contrast the blue background with a setting with a brick background, as I do not want to overuse one colour.
Jamie and Georgia:
I have decided to photograph Jamie and Georgia in a woodland setting near my house. There is a shed here which is made from slightly rusted corrugated steel. This setting connotes the sub-genre of music which my magazine will be based around, as I think the rusted metal looks quite "grungy" and rock like. It seems to visually represent the sound of indie/indie rock, with an almost scratchy sound. This setting will also compliment the colour scheme I have chosen to go ahead with - turquoise blue and grey tones.
Clothing and Props
Joshua:
Joshua will be wearing a blue hoodie underneath a dark grey/navy-ish jacket with grey skinny jeans with a worn look. This follows my sub-genre's typical look. The blue hoodie is a similar colour to the wall I intend to photograph him in front of. I am hoping that this will unify the image. Joshua will be using my Westfield electric guitar as a prop. I have chosen to include the guitar as this is included in the photograph of Jake Bugg, which works effectively and tells the reader directly who and what the image is portraying.
Georgia:
Georgia will be wearing a black vest top with a blue and grey logo (which goes hand in hand with my colour scheme) and ripped skinny jeans with cyan blue tights underneath. This outfit has both bright and grungy aspects which connotes the type of clothing I have found indie/indie rock artists wear.
Jamie:
Jamie will be wearing a blue t-shirt and grey hoodie. He will be wearing dark grey denim jeans. This casual style is typical of what both Jamie and the target audience for my magazine would typically wear. Indie/indie rock artists tend to appear much more casually dressed than artists within other more stereotypically "glamorous" genres of music. The colours of the hoodie and t-shirt fit perfectly against what Georgia will be wearing, as well as the photo shoot setting and the magazine's colour scheme. Jamie will be the guitarist in the band, and is using his own guitar as a prop in my photoshoot. I have decided to include the instrument to make the genre of music obvious from the outset.











No comments:
Post a Comment