Conclusions I have drawn from my pitch feedback:
My group of target audience members agreed that approximately £3.00 would be an appropriate price for my magazine, based on the idea that the target market would have a substantial amount of disposable income. I would agree that between £2.50 - £3.00 is an appropriate price bracket. I stated in my pitch that some of my target audience will range from 16 - 25; there will be a variety of disposable incomes within this bracket, so keeping the price low enough for young people to afford it, yet high enough for my magazine to be of high quality will be a sensible idea.
My target audience agreed that their favourite name for my magazine is 'Phonic' because it's short and simple. I think this is a good magazine name to choose, as 'phonic' means sounds relating to speech. This fits well with my magazine's genre, as well as being simple and memorable.
I asked the group whether they thought there was a gap in the market for an indie/indie rock magazine. They responded that yes, there is. The target audience is fairly niche, but mainstream enough to attract a large amount of people to it. There are not many magazines on the market focused primarily on indie music.
The target audience said that they liked the colour scheme, but that it should include more colours. To do this, I will add colours which I think connote my genre of music. As there is a range of sounds within indie/indie rock, varying from heavy to extremely soft music, I will choose colours which do not connote specifically heavy music, nor specifically soft music. E.g, a turquoise or green.
No comments:
Post a Comment